COVID-19 Pandemic Measures
MEASURES IN PLACE TO ENSURE THE SAFETY OF OUR STAFF AND OUR GUESTS FROM COVID-19 PANDEMIC.
We wanted to let you know the status quo currently happening at LH with measures in place to protect you all.
As we all adjust to a new reality, re-calibrate and adapt ourselves, we have had to make many changes, both personal and professional. As a family business determined to make it through this crisis, and to come through better and stronger for our teams and hotel guests, the joint belief is we can get through this however tough things may seem right now.
Therefore, Good Health and Safety is at the heart of our Business thinking.
- Prior to re-opening the hotel has undergone the redesigning of workspaces. We have re-arranged our FOYER, RECEPTION and PUBLIC AREAS to adhere to Health, Hygiene and Safety measures and will constantly undergo a vigorous cleaning regime of all areas with disinfection multiple times a day by staff wearing PPE. Changes to guest experience and our services will be made to ensure minimum contact. Our kitchen will be transformed to reduce handling and we will be demanding maximum guarantees from service providers. Decorations will be removed where necessary to facilitate the new Health measures in place. A full Covid 19 Risk assessment will be regularly carried out and maintained.
- 2. All Staff will have their temperature checked and will have to fill in a Health Check questionnaire on arrival to work. Regularly throughout the day staff will be sanitising handles and all surfaces. Staff will be issued with suitable PPE.
- The Front Door will be kept closed in order to limit the amount of people entering reception at any one time. Social Distancing Markers will be in place to ensure that everyone observes the 2m distance rule. We will be staggering times and creating a one-way system for workers and in house guests who may be vulnerable.
- Hand Sanitisers will be placed around the hotel.
- There will only be one member of the Reception Team at the desk at any time and there will be a perspex protection screen in place to shield Guests and Staff members. Key Cards will be issued directly (activated on day of arrival) or as usual at Check in and each key card will be sanitised before being handed to the Guest. A QR code will be given to Guests to prior register and see the very latest updates. Guests will be required to allow us to take their temperatures also. We regret we will not be allowed to help with luggage or escort you to your room. We also ask that you pay using card or other cashless means where possible.
- Our health protocols will be displayed in all guestrooms and public areas via our QR code.
- We will maintain our rigorous cleaning standards in the bedrooms, additionally we will use a high grade sanitiser on all surfaces together with our UV lamps and sanitizing foggers. Frequent Air Conditioning and water maintenance task to prevent the spread of infection will be further enhanced. Housekeeping will always wear gloves, visors and PPE.
- The Hotel will not provide any bar services in the public areas or in the bedrooms. We will be operating a “GRAB & GO breakfast” staggering times into the dining area. Takeaways will be permitted. For plates and cutlery required these can be provided but will be disposable.
- We will check with guests whether they wish to have housekeeping on a daily basis or whether they would prefer not to have any housekeeping and call reception when they need something. This will be brought up and left outside the door.
- On Check out if the guest wishes to store luggage this is still possible, the receptionist will be wearing gloves and will transfer the luggage to the storage area where each case will be sprayed.
- If the government requires us to have separate entry and exit points to the Hotel. Our guests will leave through the rear exit via Saxon Street where our disable lift is located. ( This temporary out of order until further notice) Taxis are still able to collect guests from both entries.
- All staff will be trained staff with regards to infection control and hygiene measures. Certification is in place.
- The Hotel will constantly be reviewing its safety practices in accordance with Government Guidelines.
Unless people feel safe, employees won’t return to work and our customers will stay away and the restart will falter, harming livelihoods and our business.
Together we can build a safer, compassionate place.
We look forward to welcoming you!